Food Application Technologist (m/f)Hamburg, Germany
Are you interested in working for a company that combines the benefits of a start-up with those of a large company?
Ohly is part of the Associated British Foods (ABF) group, a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.4bn, 133,000 employees and operations in 50 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia. ABF is a broad portfolio of businesses which includes Primark, Ovaltine, Twinings, AB Enzymes, and is the world’s second largest producer of both sugar and baker’s yeast.
Within the model of devolved autonomy operated by ABF, Ohly develops and implements its own strategy and runs its own P&L (profit and loss account). This empowers our people with great freedom and independence, while enjoying all of the benefits and opportunities that belonging to a global group brings, meaning that individuals and teams can make a real difference within this operating culture.
For our Innovation-Team in Hamburg, Germany, we are looking for a Food Application Technologist (m/f).
The Role & Your Tasks
The Food Application Technologist is responsible for the development of innovative application recipes to fulfil customer delight.
Your main tasks are as follows:
- Develop technical solutions (demo recipes) showcasing functions using yeast derivatives and dry condiments
- Run sensory analyses on new formulations and market samples
- Match competitor samples using our product portfolio
- Support the New Product Development teams by suggesting new product ideas
- Conduct internal training (Sales, Marketing)
- Promote applications among customers directly or in animating a booth at fairs
- Participate to a continuous trend watch together with Marketing and Sales in order to initiate new concepts
- Interpret weak signals from the markets and translate them into new ideas
- Interact with Technical Sales in providing technical support, updated communication data and material
- You have graduated in Food Science, Food technology or have an equivalent qualification.
- A background in culinary arts would be an additional asset (e.g. French program DRACI).
- You have minimum 2 years of work experience in the food industry (R&D or NPD).
- You have solid experience in industrial ingredients and production constraints and significant experience in sensory analysis.
- You are curious for new products and trends and are creative.
- You are customer orientated and convince with a profound business acumen.
- You have experience in project management (timeline, stage/gate system, cost calculation, etc.).
- You have trained tasting skills and a good palate.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English and have a good command of the German language.
- You are a good team player and you have good communication skills.