Team Leader Automation and Electrical Engineering (m/f)Hamburg, Germany
Are you interested in working for a company that combines the benefits of a start-up with those of a large company?
Ohly is the third largest yeast extract producer in the world with sites in Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and deliver high-quality yeast-based flavours and fermentation media. Ohly is part of the £13.4bn turnover Associated British Food (ABF) Group. ABF is a broad portfolio of businesses which includes Primark, Ovaltine, Twinings, AB Enzymes, and is the world’s second largest producer of both sugar and baker’s yeast. ABF takes a long-term perspective on investment and performance, and stimulates entrepreneurship by giving high degrees of autonomy to operational businesses. This means that decisions are taken as close as possible to their point of impact allowing teams the freedom to act, in order to be successfully flexible and fast. ABF invests a great deal in selecting and developing the right people for Ohly and the broader ABF group of companies. For our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, we are looking for a Team Leader Automation and Electrical Engineering (m/f) in the food industry.
For this recruitment our recruitment partner Mercuri Urval is supporting us, please be informed that your application will be sent to Mercuri Urval for assessment.
The Role & Your Tasks
- Technical and disciplinary management of the automation and electrical engineering team consisting of six employees (electricians and technicians)
- Advancing the optimization and standardization of existing automation technology and process control systems
- Maintenance of electrical and control technology as well as execution of error analyses to ensure a smooth and efficient interaction of the systems and processes
- Participation in all investment projects (replacements and new machines) as a representative of the automation team
- Participation in project work (e.g. implementation of the new maintenance strategy) and acting as “qualified electrical engineer (VEFK)”
- You successfully completed your technical studies, e.g. electrical engineering or automation technology, data processing) or equivalent technical training.
- Experience in electrical engineering, automation or process systems ideally in a production environment
- Good knowledge of common process control and automation systems
- Experience in managing teams would be a plus.
- Ideally, you have already got to know an international working environment and look forward to using your English skills in daily practice.
What the company has to offer
- This is an exciting leadership position with opportunities for personal development
- Dynamic and growth-oriented environment at an independent local team unit within a strong global group of companies
- Possibility to directly contribute to the improvement of control systems, to economic growth and the technical strength of Ohly
- Direct reporting line to the Head of Maintenance & Engineering and interaction with relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. maintenance, operations, engineering, quality, HSE)