Ohly-GO® Glucan is a product consisting out of yeast beta-glucans purified from yeast cell walls of primary cultivated baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). Yeast (1,3)(1,6)-beta-D-glucans have well known immune modulating properties improving both the innate (non-specific) and adaptive immune responses. They increase the resistance against microbial infections and increase antibody titers after vaccination.
Yeast beta-glucans are added to feed to improve feed conversion ratios and mortality replacing antibiotic growth promoters. Ohly-GO® Glucan is usually applied at levels of 0.05-0.15 kg/ton feed.
Key Features and Benefits
- Semi-purified yeast beta-glucan with a high content of beta glucans (> 48%)
- Substantially free of mannan-oligosaccharides
- Consistent product composition
- Improve the animal's immune status
- Increased resistance against microbial infections