Control Technician (m/f)Hamburg, Germany
Are you interested in working for a company that combines the benefits of a start-up with those of a large company?
Ohly is the third largest yeast extract producer in the world with sites in Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and deliver high-quality yeast-based flavours and fermentation media. Ohly is part of the £13.4bn turnover Associated British Food (ABF) Group. ABF is a broad portfolio of businesses which includes Primark, Ovaltine, Twinings, AB Enzymes, and is the world’s second largest producer of both sugar and baker’s yeast. ABF takes a long-term perspective on investment and performance, and stimulates entrepreneurship by giving high degrees of autonomy to operational businesses. This means that decisions are taken as close as possible to their point of impact allowing teams the freedom to act, in order to be successfully flexible and fast. ABF invests a great deal in selecting and developing the right people for Ohly and the broader ABF group of companies. For our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, we are looking for a Control Technician (m/f).
For this recruitment our recruitment partner Mercuri Urval is supporting us, please be informed that your application will be sent to Mercuri Urval for assessment.
The Role & Your Tasks
- Implementation and programming of systems (e.g. Yokogawa) that contribute to the control and tracking of the production process
- Maintenance and servicing of automated systems and machines in food production in compliance with the relevant safety regulations
- Independent implementation of weak-points analyses as well as elimination of faults and potential system faults
- Development of proposals for improvement and ideas for solution concepts in the field of process and control technology as well as measuring and control technology
- Close cooperation with the electricians as well as assistance with electrotechnical maintenance and repair at the plant
- You are a state-certified technician (e.g. for electrical engineering or mechatronics) and/or comparable technical vocational training (e.g. electronics for operating technology, devices and systems)
- You have experience in electrical engineering and automation as well as process control systems, ideally in a production environment
- Good knowledge of common process control and automation systems
- English skills are a plus
What the company has to offer
- This is a hands-on job with helpful and professionally experienced colleagues
- Dynamic and growth-oriented environment at an independent local team unit within a strong global group of companies
- Individual training courses advance your skills and prepare for future challenges and projects
- Permanent employment contracts, 30 days holiday allotment along with a holiday allowance and Christmas bonus as part of your salary package