Head of Food Application Development (m/f)Hamburg, Germany
For this recruitment our recruitment partner Mercuri Urval is supporting us, please be informed that your application will be forwarded to Mercuri Urval for assessment.
Our client Ohly GmbH www.ohly.com is a traditional, international, Hamburg-based company and the world's leading manufacturer of high quality yeast-based extracts, flavors and specialty powders for the food, pharmaceutical and pet food industry. Ohly is part of the global ABF Ingredients group and acts as an independent, international business unit with around 250 employees worldwide. High investment in research and development as well as first-class quality management have led to today's market leadership. As a dynamic, expanding company, Ohly is committed to developing new businesses and conquering emerging markets. Therefore, we are looking for the Head of Food Application Development (m / f) on behalf of Ohly GmbH.
What the role is about
· As Head of Food Application Development, you are responsible for leading and developing the global Food Application Team.
· With your food technology know-how and creativity, you will maintain and expand the portfolio of application demos for the worldwide clientele.
· Using "state of the art" scientific procedures and approaches to demonstrate the sensory properties of Ohly products in line with consumer trends.
· Together with the Marketing Team you promote communication activities and maintain a valid network with relevant universities, scientific institutes and client groups.
· In this responsible role, you report directly to the Director of Global Innovation and have disciplinary and functional responsibility for a four-person team with employees in Hamburg and the USA.
What the candidate has to offer
· You have completed a relevant academic degree e.g. food technology or food chemistry.
· You offer relevant professional experience within the food industry or and have successfully managed teams in the past.
· You have a broad knowledge of the food industry and its mechanisms, and have an eye for creative and future oriented food applications.
· Ideally, you have already got to know an international environment and are looking forward to using your English skills in daily practice.
What the company has to offer
· We offer you a challenging and interesting role in a dynamic and growth-oriented environment where you can help design new applications right from the start.
· You are able to directly contribute actively to the improvement of the economic and technical strength of the company.
· In achieving your goals you benefit from the strength of a global business group and at the same time take advantage of the capabilities of a strong and independent team unit.
· With your hands-on mentality and your motivation you have the opportunity to use short decision-making paths and own career opportunities directly.