Senior Controller (m/f)Hamburg, Germany
Are you interested in working for a company that combines the benefits of a start-up with those of a large company?
Ohly is the third largest yeast extract producer in the world with sites in Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and deliver high-quality yeast-based flavours and fermentation media. Ohly is part of the £13.4bn turnover Associated British Food (ABF) Group. ABF is a broad portfolio of businesses which includes Primark, Ovaltine, Twinings, AB Enzymes, and is the world’s second largest producer of both sugar and baker’s yeast. ABF takes a long-term perspective on investment and performance, and stimulates entrepreneurship by giving high degrees of autonomy to operational businesses. This means that decisions are taken as close as possible to their point of impact allowing teams the freedom to act, in order to be successfully flexible and fast. ABF invests a great deal in selecting and developing the right people for Ohly and the broader ABF group of companies. For our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany, we are looking for a Head Senior Controller (m/f) Business Partner Controlling - Food Industry.
For this recruitment our recruitment partner Mercuri Urval is supporting us, please be informed that your application will be sent to Mercuri Urval for assessment.
The Role & Your Tasks
- Ensuring and optimizing the controlling processes at Ohly GmbH
- Participation in the preparation of the monthly and annual closing
- Coordination and design of forecasting and planning processes
- Financial support and advice for all areas of the company, such as: Production, Purchasing, HR and Sales
- Participation in special projects due to the expansion strategy
- Direct reporting line to the CFO and giving advice to the senior management
- University degree in an economical field preferably with a focus on finance, controlling or a comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in controlling, preferably experience in production controlling
- International accounting knowledge (e.g. according to IFRS)
- IT knowledge with common ERP systems and MS Office (Excel)
- Excellent understanding of numbers and high analytical skills
- Very good communication skills plus fluent English written and spoken