Ohly-GO® SoluMannan is a product consisting out of mannoprotein purified from premium yeast cell walls derived from primary cultivated baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). Mannoproteins are proteins that are heavily glycosylated with mannan-oligosaccharides. Mannans are well known for their ability to bind gut pathogens like Salmonella, E. coli and Clostridia spp. Moreover, mannans bind to the gut receptors that bind with the pathogens. Consequently, in the presence of mannans, pathogens are guided through the gut reducing their ability to initiate their harmful effects.
Mannans are added to feed to improve feed conversion ratios and mortality replacing antibiotic growth promoters. Ohly-GO® SoluMannan is usually applied at levels of 0.05-0.15 kg/ton feed.
Key Features and Benefits
- Purified yeast mannoprotein with a high content of mannans (> 65%)
- Soluble in water
- Effective at a dosage some 10 times lower than conventional yeast cell wall/MOS products
- Substantially free of beta-glucans
- Consistent product composition
- Binds pathogens and prevents pathogens from binding to gut receptors
- Increased resistance against microbial infections